Can you imagine to win a whole farm on some hometown lottery? Well, that’s exactly what’s happened to our protagonist couple. This typical city family, with two children and tired of the city, has won a farm out in the country and decide to move there. They’re really happy and everything is great until they get there and see what they’ve won!
That farm looks nothing like a farm and, of course, they don’t know nothing about it. When everything seems to fall apart, Nate shows up and introduce himself. This particular character “comes with the farm” and will help the family to run it.
So this fun and easy-to-play game turns you into a very busy newly farmer, trying to keep the crops watered and sell the vegetables. The farm is represented by a board-like rectangle divided into cells. Each cell has a plant on it. Some of them have tomatoes, and some have bananas. You have to keep them watered so they grow, and when they do, you can harvest your farm in order to load some trucks with the vegetables. As you load the trucks you collect money that you can later use to buy tools and supplies.
The basic procedure to water the plants is to click any cell on the board and drag a rectangle to a cell of the similar color, so that all cells in the corners of the rectangle are of the same color. Release mouse button and all plants inside the rectangle will be watered. Doing so you have to load a certain number of trucks to win the level.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be asked for a player name and you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
- Change profile: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play (Story mode): this is one of the two modes for playing the game. This option recreates a story in which you end up running a farm.
- Harvest mode: this is the other mode for playing the game, locked at the beginning. You have to win the story mode before unlocking this mode.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like: sound volume, music volume, show tips, and full screen.
- Help: this option leads you to a card-style help which teach you how to play.
- High Scores: to see the highest records.
- Quit: no further explanation required.
When you’re playing the game, you can always click on the Menu button to access to a pop-up menu with these options:
- Resume: to finish the current game.
- Options: the same Options menu commented before.
- Main Menu: to quit the game and go to the main menu.
- Exit Game: to close the application.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
• Windows 2K/XP
• Processor Speed: 800MHz
• 256MB RAM
• 167MB free HD space
• Sound card
• 64 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible graphics card or better
- Easy to learn how to play the game using the help
- Affordable price
- Nice interface
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network not supported